Hi All! We are going to be starting a series in this blog called “feeding your family” where I sort of vlog..or plog (picture-log) me preparing my favorite recipes which 90% of the time are done in the crock pot. I avoid the stove top at all costs (: Sadly this idea for the series didnt come to me until halfway though cooking dinner so the beginning portion doesn’t have pictures…enjoy!!
- 2 lbs chicken breast (i used organic cage free)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cans of broccoli cheddar soup (i used campbell’s)
- 3 cups uncooked rice (I used 3 uncle ben’s 5 minute bags)
- 2 steamer/frozen bags of broccoli
- 4 quart casserole dish
(in my 2 quart crock pot)
– Remove chicken from packaging and rinse
– Add 4 cups chicken stock to your crock pot
– Place rinse chicken in stock and set on low for 4 hours.
** Note: If you want to just brown your chicken in a pan that will work too. I take a few extra steps cause its hard to use the stove top from the chair.
– Remove chicken from stock
– Rinse in cold water and set aside
** I rinse it cause cooking it in the crock pot leaves the fatty film on the chicken
– Strain fat and float (you’ll see what i’m talking about) but save as much of the stock as you can
– Place rice in remaining stock (feel free to add water if needed)
– Set Crock Pot on Low for 30 minutes.
– Place Broccoli in microwave for 5-6 minutes per bag or cook as directed
– Cut up cooked chicken into chunks
– Spray casserole dish LIGHTLY with cooking spray and layer the chicken and broccoli
– remove rice after 30 minutes
– combine 1/2 cup of stock and 1 can of soup
– cover chicken and broccoli in the 2nd can of soup.
– After rice and soup are well mixed place ontop of the dish
– cover dish in foil and bake for 25-30 minutes at 325 degrees.
Please like, comment, or follow me for more of this series (: